Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Dining room or Work shop

April 14 2020
Well since talking last time, the weather hasnt really improved much. We have had a couple nicer days, but then today it rained. However the snow is finally starting to go.
I had given up the idea of painting the new hive boxes in the workshop, so we brought them to the house. What better place to paint than in the kitchen...right. So i stacked 9 deeps in the middle of my tiny kitchen and got them painted. Somehow i managed to make meals and do dishes with 9 boxes in the middle of it all.


The next day, I went back over to the work shop and grabbed some lids.  I was concerned they weren't going to fit the new boxes because most of our older boxes were homemade and slightly different sizes. But they were all good. So i slapped some paint on them too.
Then I decided while i had time i should get some swarm boxes ready for "just in case". Once i can get in the hives to see how they wintered over and how big the colony's are, I will need to decide if I have to do some splits. So I wanted to be prepared in case one of them swarm before i get to them. So I rummaged through our stash of Nuc boxes and found 2 really nice ones with actual bottom boards and openings at the front, the only thing we need to make is lids. We brought those 2 to the house as well and gave them a paint job.


Its a good thing we hardly sit at our table, especially now with no company coming for coffee or dinner. Because there is no room. We can get to the coffee makers and into the pantry cupboard and thats about it. hahahaha
So now the dining room is stacked with 9 deep boxes, 2 nuc boxes, entrance reducers and 5 outside covers. Oh and lets not forget my Kitchen Aid mixer that is sitting on the table waiting for the parts to come so we can put it back together. Its probably a really good thing we are self isolating right now or i would be really embarrassed at the condition of our house.




Anyways I hope everyone is hanging in there and staying safe. We will. get through this somehow and come out the other side a little stronger. 
Take care everyone. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment