Saturday, August 27, 2016

Random ramblings and pretty pictures


Right now theres not a lot to do other than worry about everything with the upcoming winter season. Did I leave enough honey for the bees for the winter. Will they survive the cold and dampness of the winter. Did I do everything I could do to help them survive.
So since the beginning of Sept I have put feeders in all the hives. I mix a sugar/water syrup, 2 parts sugar 1 part water. Mixing it thick like this, apparently is best as there is a short window of time for the bees to turn this into food for the winter. It you mix it 1 to 1 they may not have enough time to get the moisture level down.
Even though there is not much to do right now, I still go out several times a day, I find any excuse I can to check on them. I will fill their water bowl...or just stand there and stare at them. Or take a picture or two. I couldn't resist the other day and had to snap away. Look at that face. So cute
Here are a few photos I took during the summer and over the past couple weeks. Some of the bees are honey bees, some are bumble bees and some are another kind of bee which I don't know but are equally as photogenic
















No comments:

Post a Comment